There are sections of many websites that are seldom visited – the mission, goals, or “About” pages that set forth the purposes that shape the content, focus and direction of the site. Nursology.net is no exception, other than the fact that many first-time visitors may be intrigued by the name of this site and might explore the “About” menu item to learn more!
We have recently added to our “About” page a section we believe to be central to this project – our “Values and Ethics.” These statements of value are not just words – they are the principles that guide every decision and that shape the content of this site. Notice that central to what we value is your involvement! Nursology.net belongs to every member of our discipline, and we welcome you to respond to any part of this site, including our statement of values and ethics! Here is what we have posted – let us know your thoughts and ideas!
Values and Ethics
The development and maintenance of this site are guided by the following values:
- We take every step possible to assure accuracy of content on this site by
- Assuring review of content by members of the management team prior to activation of pages and posts.
- Securing review and approval from any nurses who are central to the content presented (e.g. authors, key nurses involved), if those individuals are available.
- Inviting corrections and updates from viewers who have the best information available.
- Welcoming feedback, discussion and critique from viewers where there are issues of controversy or different points of view.
- We assure accountability and transparency of the content on this site by:
- Showing the name or names of the contributors who have provided the information displayed on specific pages
- Providing the dates when content was initially posted and revised.
- Providing links or references to sources from which content is derived, or is quoted.
- We welcome submissions of content for each section of the website and have provided submission forms tailored to each section. These forms are found on main pages of each section. In addition, we welcome:
- We will respond promptly to all communications, including requests to correct, change or remove any content that violates our commitment to be accountable and transparent in using content from other sources.