Visions is the scholarly publication of the Society of Rogerian Scholars (SRS). First published in 1993, Visions has transitioned to being Visions: Scholarship of Rogerian Nursing Science and is now published in Advances in Nursing Science. Visions will maintain its own Editor, Editorial Advisory Board, and Peer Review Panel. One article per issue of ANS will be published (four per year) in Visions.
The Society of Rogerian Scholars (SRS) is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified individual to serve as the Editor of Visions. The Editor, with the Advisory Board, will uphold and support the mission and vision of SRS and work to advance Rogers’ Science of Unitary Human Beings through scholarly dissemination.
- Oversees the peer review process and manuscript selection for Visions. Works with reviewers and authors to ensure each manuscript worthy of consideration is reviewed and if accepted, is revised until ready for publication.
- Ensures that manuscripts accepted for Visions are grounded in the Science of Unitary Human Beings and the principles and teachings of Martha Rogers.
- Manages the manuscript submission, review, and acceptance process through Editorial Manager, the electronic manuscript system used for Visions and ANS.
- Reviews page proofs for each issue and submits corrections to the publisher according to established timelines.
- Appoints the Advisory Board and identifies members of the peer review panel.
- Works collaboratively with the Editor-in-Chief of ANS.
- Attends meetings of the Board of Directors of SRS upon request.
- Attends the annual meeting of the ANS Advisory Board.
- Attends the annual SRS scholarly conference.
- Dedicates the time necessary to accomplish the editorial work; anticipated time commitment is approximately 4-5 hours per week.
Qualifications: Required and Preferred
- Possess a research-focused doctoral degree in nursing.
- Member of the Society of Rogerian Scholars.
- Expert knowledge in Rogers’ Science of Unitary Human Beings is required; actual experience in using Rogers’ SUHB in practice, research, or academia is preferred.
- Publishing experience as an author and peer reviewer is required; experience as editorial board member, Associate Editor, or Editor of a scholarly journal is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Word and Excel is required; experience with an electronic manuscript management system such as Editorial Manager or ScholarOne is preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work within established deadlines.
Review of Applications will begin immediately. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2023.
Ideally, the selected candidate will be able to assume the role of Editor on June 1, 2023. Mentorship and support for the new Editor will be provided by the Interim Editor, Dr. Jane Flanagan, the Editor-in-Chief of ANS, Dr. Eun Ok Im, and members of the Publications Committee of SRS. Financial support to attend the E3: Extreme Education for Editors workshop (to be held virtually on June 16 and 17, 2023) will be provided by SRS.
Please email the requested application materials (listed below) to Dr. Nancey E.M. France, SRS Publications Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One page letter of intent with particular attention to what makes the applicant uniquely qualified to be the Editor of Visions.
- Table listing the required and preferred qualifications enumerated above with specific examples of experience of the applicant addressing each of these qualifications.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Dr. France directly.