Location: George Washington University (GWU) Conference Center Washington, DC
Theme: Nursing Theories: Moving Forward through Collaboration, Application and Innovation
Planning group: Board of Directors for King International Nursing Group (KING), Christina Sieloff, President. The following representatives of other nursing theory groups and associations are also members of the planning group: Mary White (Orem); Peggy Chinn (UCONN Theory Group, AAN); S. Beckman (Neuman Systems Model); Sr. Callista Roy (Roy Adaptation Association (RAA)); Marian Turkel (Watson Caring Theory, AAN). KING Vice President, and Jacqueline Fawcett (Society of Rogerian Scholars). Louanne Friend is Conference Chair.
- Examine the unique important role of nursing theory in the profession of nursing.
- Examine the relationship between nursing theory and health care outcomes
- Develop strategies for using nursing theories within one’s practice, whether direct care, education, management or research
Registration Information will be posted on the KING website by March 1, 2019.
Studies in progress and completed projects will be reviewed for either paper or poster presentations. Submissions by students are welcomed. Each paper presentation will be allowed 30 minutes (includes 5 minutes for questions and answers). Additional formats (symposium, panel, etc.) will be considered. All abstracts are to be submitted in paragraph format.
- Poster authors must be present to discuss their work during the designated session. Abstracts will be selected for presentation based on merit through a blind review.
- After the conference, with the author’s permission, abstracts and Power Points will also be posted on the King International Nursing Group or another nursing theorist’s community event site on the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words, using single spaced Times New Roman 12 font. Center the title in upper case font.
- Presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the nonrefundable registration fee
- Complete abstract submission form here
- Submission deadline: May 1, 2019