Conference Theme: Personhood: philosophies, applications and critiques in healthcare
The 2021 International Philosophy of Nursing Conference will be held at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 16-18 June, 2021. This will be the 24th annual nursing philosophy conference, postponed from 2020. All abstracts accepted for the conference planned to be held in August 2020 have been invited for presentations at the conference in June 2021. Watch the conference website for updated information about a new call for abstracts and program information.
The conference will be held in English. Keynote speakers include:
- Jonna Bornemark, Associate Professor in Philosophy, Centre for Studies in Practical Knowledge, Södertörn University, Stockholm, Sweden
- Inger Ekman, Professor in Nursing, Institute of Health and Care Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Elvis Imafidon, Lecturer, Department of Philosophy, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria
- Bengt Kristensson Uggla, Amos Anderson Professor of Philosophy, Culture and Management, Åbo Akademi University, Åbo, Finland
- Rick Sawatzky, Professor & Canada Research Chair in Person-Centred Outcomes, School of Nursing, Trinity Western University, & Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, Providence Health Care Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada