View Nursology Theory Conference Site!
Invitation to discuss terminology!
Details for a Virtual Nursology Week 2021 have just been announced on the Nursology Theory Conference website! This virtual conference will be a combination of the March 2020 program that was interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and a transition to what we can anticipate when we are able to gather at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, which we hope will happen in the spring of 2022!
Since our 2021 conference will be a virtual event, we decided to deviate from the intense 2-day format that works well when we all travel to be together in one place, but creates an unbearable experience of staring at our screens for far too many hours at a time! There will be three general sessions from 10 am to noon (Eastern) on Wednesday March 17th, Monday March 22nd, and Wednesday March 24th. Every day of that week, there will be a schedule of stand-alone 30-minute sessions during which the breakout sessions will be available! Attendees will be able to attend as many of the sessions as you wish – even every single one of them if you so desire!
We are in the process of setting up the details of this plan, and have been in touch with everyone who had an abstract accepted for 2020 so that they can select the time for their breakout session. There will be times available for a few additional breakout sessions, so we will be announcing additional abstract submissions soon.
If you registered for the 2020 conference and asked to have your registration held for the 2021 conference – you are all set, and you will receive confirmation of your registration soon. Registration for those who have not yet registered will be open by November 1st – so watch for details coming soon! Links to all of the conference activities will be available to those who register on an “honor system” basis!
Follow the Nursology Theory Conference website for details on abstract submissions, registration, and breakout sessions! Here are the details for the general sessions to wet your appetite for attending this series of important events!
Wednesday March 17, 10 am to noon (Eastern)
- Panel discussion honoring the contributions of Rosemary Ellis
- Keynote address by Patricia Davidson, PHD, MED, RN, FAAN. Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University – topic: Is STEM and Nursing Theory an Oxymoron?
- Open Discussion
Monday, March 22 – 10 am to noon (Eastern)
- Student/Early-career Scholars Panel: Emerging Possibilities for the Focus of the Discipline
Wednesday, March 24 – 10 am to noon (Eastern)
- Presentation by University of Tennessee Scholars: Health as Expanding Consciousness and Tribute to Margaret A. Newman
The planning team members for 2021 are:
- Leslie H. Nicoll, PhD, MBA, RN, conference planner extraordinaire! and Nursology.net management team member
- Deborah Lindell, DNP, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF, FAAN, Case Western Reserve Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing faculty and Nursology.net management team. member
- J. Carolyn Graff, PhD, RN, FAAIDD, University of Tennessee Memphis faculty
- Wendy Likes, PhD, DNSc, APRN-Bc, FAANP, Dean, College of Nursing University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
- Peggy Chinn, RN, PhD, DSc(Hon), FAAN, Web manager for Nursology.net and NursingTheoryConference.com