We encourage contributions to this section of Nursology.net by scholars who developed a theory/model or philosophy, or by a scholar who has been immersed in studying or applying the theory/model or philosophy. Our purpose in this section is to provide an overview of the work, along with links to sources where the detailed information, background and other related literature can be found. You do not need to compose new material for this – the information we post is your summary of the essential elements of your work! We also include the theorist(s) photographs and brief biographical information.
The information you provide can be revised and updated any time, and we provide a mock-up of the webpage for you to review before it is activated.
There are two online forms to submit a new entry for the “Theories/Models” and the “Philosophies” sections of Nursology.com. Open the forms to review the information we request. Make notes of these elements and prepare the details before you come back to the forms to complete them. You can copy and paste the requested information into the form fields. Once you start filling out the forms you will not be able to return to update or revise, but the information you provide is a draft that you will be able to update and revise once we draft the nursology.net page.
- Complete the “Author Form” first. If there is more than one author for a single theory/model, complete a separate author form for each author
- Then complete the 2nd form for the section in which the work belongs:
- “Nursing Theory/Model Form” if the work is a nursing model, a nursing theory, or a nursing situation-specific theory..
- “Nursing Philosophy Form” if the work addresses the development of philosophic perspectives in nursing
- “Original Unpublished Work Form” to submit your original unpublished work!
Q: What happens after I submit these forms?
A: These forms provide a draft of the information we need for your work to be posted. Our management team reviews your form to affirm that the information is well-suited for Nursology.net, and that we have the information we need to proceed. Then we will work with you to develop the web content for your review. We reserve the right to edit as needed to create consistency with the purposes of Nursology.net. Once your review is complete, we activate the information for public viewing.
Page updated January 10, 2020