Conference Dates: August 18-20, 2019
Inn at Laurel Point
680 Montreal Street
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
The aim of this conference is to provide an opportunity for nurses and philosophers to think about nursing practice; to think about the ideas that lie behind nursing actions.
Questions that might be posed include:
- What is the relationship between various complex ideas (e.g. theories, models) and nursing practice?
- How are and/or should nursing ideas be collected, organized, and changed?
- How is excellence or the lack thereof in nursing understood, measured, and assessed?
- How do our ideas about the nurse’s world impact that world?
- When, and how, do ideas get adopted or rejected in nursing?
- Why do some ideas become established in nursing while others fade over time?
- What can philosophers learn about knowledge, thought, and ideas from the nurse’s world?