Year First Published – 1978
Research methodology is not a static enterprise. In this 10th edition we drew inspiration and new material from groundbreaking advances in research methods and in nurse researchers’ use of those methods. The book is divided into 4 parts:
1. Foundations of nursing research and evidence based practice
2. Conceptualizing and planning a study to generate evidence
3. Designing and conducting quantitative studies to generate evidence
4. Designing and conducting qualitative studies to generate evidence.
5. Designing and conducting mixed methods studies to generate evidence
6. Building an evidence base for nursing practice
Provide study questions, application exercises, and eve a crossword puzzle to aid comprehension of the concepts in the book.
Prior editions of this book were copyrighted as follows:
- J.B. Lippincott Copyright 1978, 1983, 1987, 1991, 1995.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins copyright 1999, 2004, 2008
- Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2012
- Wolters Kluwer copyright 2017
Denise Polit is president of Humanalysis, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, New York and she is Professor at Griffith University School of Nursing in Brisbane, Australia
Cheryl Tatano Beck
Dr. Beck is a Distinguished Professor at the University of Connecticut, School of Nursing. She also has a joint appointment in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the School of Medicine. She received her Master’s degree in maternal-newborn nursing and also her certificate in nurse-midwifery from Yale University. Her Doctor of Nursing Science degree is from Boston University. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing. Over the past 30 years Cheryl has focused her research efforts on developing a research program on postpartum mood and anxiety disorders. She is a prolific writer who has published over 150 journal articles. She also has published multiple American Journal of Nursing Books of the Year such as Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice of which is a co-author with Dr. Denise Polit.