Today, September 18, 2018, we are formally unveiling Nursology.net — the nurse led, nurse developed repository providing the most current and accurate information about nursing discipline-specific knowledge that advances human betterment globally. We are a team of nurse scholars who believe in the power of nursing ideas, honor the heritage of nursing ideas that form the foundation of our discipline, and are dedicated to advancing the development of nursing knowledge for the future.
Creating Nursology.net has been an amazing experience! Each of us who have developed the site and its content have vested interests, as nurse scholars, in seeing this project come to fruition. But I am not sure if any of us could envision the reality until now. As one of the developers, and as someone who is known to have a certain degree of expertise in nursing knowledge development, being a witness to the unfolding reality of this site has been a remarkable awakening. Yes, I already had a degree of familiarity with every element that we have developed so far. But as I began to see all the pieces start to appear all together, in a collection that represents the whole, I have been in awe of the enormity, the significance and the power of nursing ideas, how these ideas shape nursing actions, and how nursing actions shape our ideas.
We have great expectations for this resource, as described in our mission and goals. We have an impressive start, and we invite you to participate in any way you can. Here are some ideas to get involved:
- If you know of something you would like us to include, we have forms scattered throughout the site that you can use to send us your suggestions. Or, use our contact form.
- From today going forward we will have a weekly blog post (perhaps more) to highlight what is happening in the realm of developing nursing knowledge. Follow our Nursology.net blog by entering your email in the space at the top of the right sidebar on any Nursology.net page.
- Do you have an idea for a blog? We welcome you to be a guest blogger – use our blog submission form.
- Comment on our blog posts any time to participate in discussions, which we hope will be lively and thought-provoking.
- And, contact us any time – we want to hear from you!